WHO KNEW, CHURROS WERE SO EASY TO MAKE?
Makes approx. 24 pieces
- 1c water
- 1tbsp sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1.5c plain flour
- 1 egg
- oil for deep frying - I used sunflower
- 2tbsp caster sugar
- 1tsp cinnamon
- In a small saucepan, bring water, sugar and salt to the boil.
- Remove from the heat and quickly stir in flour.
- Beat in the egg until the mixture is smooth.
- Transfer into a piping bag, with a wide tip and set aside.
- Pour 3-4cm oil into a deep pan and bring to heat of around 190.
Pipe churros straight into the hot oil. I used a pair of scissors to snip the end.
- Fry for 3-4 minutes until golden brown.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon on a plate.
- Carefully remove from pan and place onto a paper towel before tossing in the coating.
- Serve with warm chocolate ganache